Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kids and their honesty

Conversation with my AWANA kids tonight. Innocence is so honest:
Guinevere: MISS? Adeana, I thought you were married?
Adeana: No I am not married
Madelyn: No kids either?
Adeana: No kids Madelyn: How old are you?
Adeana: Guess
Guninevere: 23, 26, 31, 19? Ben: 25, 27, 39, 44
Adeana: I am 36
Madelyn: My mom is only 31 or 32 and so is my dad, that's weird tha you are older than my parents and you are not married. If you are not married by 50, you know you don't have to get married anymore.
Adeana: Well, God blesses us all in different ways. Sometimes it is a blessing of marriage and sometimes it isn't.
20 minutes later... upstairs Guinevere says (very concerned): "Miss Adeana, you need to start looking for a husband (as she looks around at all the "married" people in the foyer) You are running out of time.
Adeana: Yes... I know Guinevere.

No comments: